DOKA – EASTERN BLACK SEA DEVELOPMENT AGENCY
Eastern Black Sea Development Agency (DOKA) has been established in 29.7.2009 based on the Law regarding the Establishment, Coordination and Duties of Development Agencies, no 5449. Agency with its headquarter in Trabzon is operating in the TR90 region which is composed of Artvin, Giresun, Gümüşhane, Ordu, Rize and Trabzon
MAIN GOALS OF DEVELOPMENT AGENCY
- to coordinate regional development as a catalyst institution,
- to give financial and technical support to public, private sectors and NGOs’ to increase their institutional capacities.
- to increase cooperation among public, private sectors and NGOs’
- to use region’s potential effectively for sustainable development
- to provide essential means to improve regional competitiveness
- to reduce existing intra and inter-regional development gap
- to promote the region’s business and investment opportunities in cooperation with related national and international institutions
- to prepare regional plans that constitutes the background of national plan done by Development Ministry
The Agency has carried out several international projects in the region.
Within the frame of Black Sea Cross Border cooperation programme (2007-2013) two projects; ALECTOR and Black Sea TourNet projects had been conducted.
At the moment DOKA is implementing a COSME Programme (2014-2020) funded project, DIVERTIMENTO, as well as two IPA I projects as of Gümüşhane İŞGEM (İncubator) and GATE for Women.
Eastern Black Sea Development Agency has also carried out a cooperation project together with Japanese International Cooperation Agency (JICA) between 2012-2016